Create a study
You can easily create a study by clicking the New study button.
- It is no longer necessary to fill in the study id, it will be generated automatically when creating a new study
- After logging in, you will see an overview of all the studies you are participating in
- These are by default sorted by creation date
- To create a new study, click on the ‘Create New study’ button
- Fill in the details of your study, such as the name of your study, the study ID which is used as a unique identifier for your study.
- Add Institute details such as institute title, institute country, and institute abbreviation
- There are three different study types.
- If you create a real study, you confirm that you are aware of the user manual for reference.
- Choose a test study if you are not planning to collect any real data.
- Selecting example study will provide some example forms for you to use.
- After completing the required fields, click on the ‘Start a study’ button
- The study is now created, and will open to the Records overview.
- You will collect the data for the study via records
- Records in Castor represent a patient or subject in the study.
- One record includes all the information collected about a subject or patient.
- On the left of the screen, we can see the navigation panel which contains many tabs.
- These tabs will be relevant for management of this study.